Save more energy by purchasing Energy Star qualified Windows
There is a valuable tool available to homeowners to compare window quality. The homeowner no longer needs to rely on the salesperson saying “We are the best.” They can check it out for themselves. The Natural Resources Canada Energy Star website allows consumers to compare “apples to apples.”
Click the logo above to compare the ER Rating for all windows.
This website has the information needed to make your purchasing decision. Information in the website can be sorted to provide information about the quality of the windows you have been quoted.
- By Clicking on the “brand-product name” header, you can sort alphabetically by manufacturer. If the company providing your quotation is not listed, that means they don’t make their own windows; someone else makes the windows for them. Now you have to decide if you want to deal with a third party.
- By clicking on the ER header, the website will sort all the windows by the highest ER rating to the lowest. Compare the ER ratings of the various quotes you have.
- Your existing windows, if they have failed thermal units or have older style single pane glass, are probably an ER rating of about 4 to 6.
To get the best long-term energy savings shop for an ER rating of 30 or more
- Check the specifics of the windows you have been quoted. Ensure that you check the ER quality of the model or series of window that you have been quoted. IE: gold series vs. bronze series or 2400 series vs 2000 series.
- Next, check the number under the glaze header for the window you were quoted to see if it is two layers of glass or three layers of glass. You may be situated near a noise source like a busy road or local airport and you can dramatically decrease the noise effect and substantially increase your ER level with three layers of glass. you will be surprised how little extra our ECO-TECH three-glass layer window will cost.
To get the best “bang for your buck” over the long term will always be the highest ER rating, that’s Euro-Tech Window’s Classic 3500, the standard window we make. Our picture window is rated an ER of 39 for two layers of glass and a 51 for three layers of glass, both are the highest ER ratings in Canada.
Euro-Tech ER Ratings
Below, is a list of our windows and their ER ratings.
|Classics Line||EcoTech Line|
|Double Glass||Triple Glass|
|Double Slider 4300||32||33|
|Double Hung 4300||32||33|
Energy Saving Tips to Use at Home
- Replace old model air conditioners to cut cooling bills by 30%
- Use fans to supplement your AC on hot summer days
- Clean or replace furnace filters frequently.
- Use sleep features to power down home and office electronic equipment
- Use warm or cool water instead of hot to wash clothes and save 80%
- Use only full loads when using the clothes washer or dishwasher
- Only heat or cool the rooms you use – close vents to unused rooms
- Replace your windows and doors with ENERGY STAR®-qualified products to lower your heating and cooling bills up to 40%
- Ensure your windows have insulating argon gas to reduce heat loss
- Select a Warm Edge Spacer to extend the life of the sealed unit and reduce cold and heat transfer
- Choose multi-chamber frame designs that reduce conductive heat transfer and reduce heat loss
- Select windows that have fusion welded frame and sash corners and double or triple weather-stripping that eliminate air leakage